Sunday, May 6, 2012

mariano rivera and me.


-resilience , The ability to recover quickly from illness, change, or misfortune; buoyancy-

it is 5.58 a.m in the morning and i think of something to write. lookin down at my webpage i see forbes magzine with a new title call mariano rivera. inspire with the story- i shared it here. he was a 42 years old baseball player, who is widely considered one of the greatest pitchers of all time. 3 days ago he had a freak accident which tore the ACL and meniscus in his right knee.

Less than 24 hours later, Rivera was back in the Yankees’ clubhouse, on crutches with his knee heavily taped, smiling, laughing, entirely upbeat and looking forward to the future. “I am coming back,” he told the New York Daily News and other reporters. “Write it down in big letters. I’m not going down like this.”


he had motivate me in so many ways. How we deal with failure can shape the rest of one’s career. One of the points I made in the piece was that it’s sometimes said in the sports world that the most successful athletes are those who recover most quickly from disappointment. I can think of no better example of this than the recent case involving Mariano Rivera.

No comments:

Post a Comment